Monday 18 March 2019

F 1 and Finishing Spring

I'm  big F1 racing fan and I was thinking about knitting a single project through all the F1 races this year.  I was not able to make a decision in the few minutes I had after we got home from a certain someone's birthday. I wish I had thought of doing this sooner.  Oh well race one is under our belts and I have a bit of time before race two.

I gave me the chance to finish this.  First Point of Aries by Laura Aylor.  I'm going with First Point of Aires because it is spring in just two days and spring is when this sweet thing is going to get heavy wear.



Casie modeled it for me quick before school this morning.  She was pretty pleased to be asked.  She tried to make model faces :)



It's enough for you to get a good idea of just how lovely this shawl is.  I am wearing it right now.  It isn't really my first sock yarn shawl, but it is the first in a while and it's a real pleasure to wear.  The grey is Hat Trick Semi Solid from River City Yarns and the multi colour is Sweet Georgia party of Five purchased at River City.   It is really perfect as is and I feel no urge to block it at all.

And now for the big news from last weekend ...

a
     

My darling Bran Carter is 5!

This big guy is one of the loves of my life.  He has the seriousness of his big brother Isaac and the best giggle in the whole world, bar none.  The weather was lovely, +6C.  The mums and dads took the kids out to the hill not far from their house, and the whole lot of them got good and wet and tired.  And a donut cake from a small local to Edmonton Donut Shoppe.  It was great.  the donuts were topped with all kinds of interesting toppings.  All together, it was wonderful. Cassie and Marcus were still talking about sledding this morning.

And now this grandma is going to lie down.  This was last day of her shift so mama stays awake but Grandma still has to go to get little people ready for school and so dad can make it to work on time. It is my only day this week.  Which is great.  I have company coming up for a visit and I am so looking forward to it.  But I am going to nap first and then tidy up the toy room and turn it back into a guest room. 

In the down times, I am going to be thinking about what I want to knit for F1 knitting.

No comments: