Thursday 24 January 2019

Decisions before Coffee?

I finished the first scarf for Marcus


And I am pretty pleased with the product but I  am a little worried.  He said it was a bit itchy and I fear he is going to be jealous of Cassie's scarf in 'cool colours'.  He does avoid his idea of spicy things and I'd hate it if he did not like to wear the scarf.  A scarf from Grandma ought to be just right.

Cassie's yarn arrived pretty much as I was finishing Marcus' first scarf.  I put her scarf directly on the needles.   


 I ordered these from Yarnspirations, direct from the manufacturer.   I had planned to stop at the factory store on my epic adventure but never managed it.  They do carry this at my local Walmart, but it is often picked over for the pretty colours.  This way, I had optimal colour choice plus the only other thing I was in danger of purchasing was this.

.
With all the pretty sock yarn I already bought this year, you would think I would have enough, but no.  I can always use a pretty skein of sock yarn and more pretty socks.

The original plan for Cassie's scarf was to use three balls of colour changing yarn, and have leftovers to use with what is left from Carter's scarf for a scarf for the donation bin but I did not like the third colour with these at all.


It was a little too much mint and not nearly enough zing. It will go to the garage sale stuff.  Somewhere out there is a baby who lies mint.  None of mine do.

This morning, feeling pretty blah and making decisions before I had coffee, it felt right to order more of this same toss it in the wash acrylic for a 'cool' colour scarf for Marcus too.  And a little bit of sock yarn. 

Oddly, I feel better now.  Either the coffee is kicking in or yarn purchasing is curing me.

No comments: