Sunday 11 November 2018

Just lovin it.

A while ago, I started re-working the collar on  a sweater that I started at 3 a.m. one morning and had just a leeeeetle too much fun knitting short rows at the neck line.  the collar and shoulders were forced to sit oddly and I seldom wore it out of the house.


Original above and

massacred. 

My original plan was to take out the excess short rows and graft but that just got weird.  It ended up being much cleaner and easier by far,  to take the collar completely off and reknit to the top, finishing off with a new collar.


I knit the shoulders to a regular shoulder and did a three needle bind off.  Probably ought to have done the bind off to the inside but oh well.

  
Much much better.  No weird excess at the back of my neck and the collar more or less sits as it does in the original design.  And no one, not even me, I looked, will see the place where the stitches are half off in the ribbing because of the change of direction of knitting.

I wore it out yesterday and will again today.  Used to be I loved this sweater in spite of its flws.  Now I just love this sweater.

No comments: