Wednesday 31 October 2018

From the Ridiculous to the Sublime.

If yesterday's post could fall into the category of idiotic, today's post would fall into the category of sublime.

I did have to go pick up some more of the Berocco Ultra Wool for Marcus's sweater and now that I know River City has Plotulopi, I stopped to see what they had for a really dark.  They had black and while that wasn't the only dark colour they had, it was the only way to get the contrast I want, without introducing yet another colour.  I also took the time to have a good look around the store.  For a good long while. Which can be dangerous.

I love yarn and I know that a yarn store is a challenging and sometimes dangerous place to be in.  I prepare.  I promised myself one small treat.    One small treat could be small dollars or rather more than I wanted to spend but in this case the small treat choice was easy because that is exactly what it is.  Small.

 

Lang's Lace.  Isn't that lovely?


A lot of people assume mohair is prickly and will make the itch, but I think that is in part due to the very poor quality of mohair that we had available for many years.  This is just so fine, finer even than the Shibui mohair, which is so much finer than the Rowan KidSilk Haze that it takes your breath away.  

I fell for none of that.  I fell for it's tiny size.  Because cute is as cute does.

When I finally got home, all my parcels and things in tow, I found that my package from Custom Woollen Mills had arrived.  My favourite things!



What a wonderful day!

Only I won't be knitting any of that.  I have a sleeve and pocket for a Chase sweater to knit and a couple amulets.  More than that though, some sewing fabric arrived yesterday too and is demanding my attention or rather, I was waiting for this for a rather long time, and now that it has arrived, I must deal with it.  There is always tomorrow. 



No comments: