Monday 17 September 2018

WWSIPD

This weekend, for no better reason than it is there, I set up a World Wide Spin in Public Day here in Mundare Alberta.  I felt that even if only my self was there,it would be worth doing.  We have wide, lovely sidewalks, and on a September afternoon, it can be some of the nicest weather of the year.

I knew I wouldn't be alone, because my good friend, frazzledknitter said she would love to come.  Another lady who is from a town just a stones throw away said she would love to come too, just to be out in the company of knitters. 

Weather all week has been wet and dreary.  A little snow wasn't helping a whole lot.  Nearing midday, Saturday, there were giant fluffy flakes and snow was falling heavily.  It isn't rare to have snow in September but it is generally frowned upon.  To no avail.  It was going to have to be an inside sort of day.  The little coffee shop who helped us put on the event, cheerily opened their doors and turned up the coffee pot.  It was lovely and a success beyond my wildest dreams!
 




We had 4 wheels a spindle and a couple of knitters and we had a lovely time! 

Several of the ladies had lunch 

The plates were full and tasty by all accounts.  I'm going to do that next time.  It looked so good.  One of the ladies took home supper for her family!

The shop, Baba's Attic is filled with goodies for sale that make a really pretty display.  My own personal favorites were these

But sadly, I could not bring them home with me.  As lovely as they are, I have no room for more.  This picture will have to suffice.  Pretty blue and white in the wild, if you will.

It looks like we will have  local get together monthly, too, which is a real plus. Several of the ladies suggested it and I know that one of the ladies has wanted to get one started for some time. I am so pleased that they are interested. I know knitters are out there, and I do hope that just by us showing up as a casual gathering more will come and join us.  

It was a wonderful day, weather notwithstanding and well worth repeating!   

No comments: