Thursday 13 September 2018

That Post Sweater Doldrums

I seem to be having a little bit of trouble getting started this morning.  I felt it a bit yesterday after finishing my Easy Bulky One sweater, but I knew that I had all the finishing to do and I did want to rework the sleeves.  I did all that and it is now in service and boy do I like it.  I love this yarn.  It's dense and perfect for a chilly, snowy September morning.



It isn't that there is nothing to do.  I have tons to do.  I have some dyeing to do for Marcus's Paw Patrol sweater but I am waiting for a package from Maiwa.  I have a little carding to do. I do have a little sweater to put a zipper into. There are 4 whole ends to weave in but that won't take long.  And then what?  

I'm not quite in the right frame of mind to knit Hun, and I am not sure about the sweater I am working on with Amy Herzog's Custom Fit.  Or at least I think I m not ready for those things. I really ought to go and pick up the fibre and play with it because it is often just the feel of a yarn that interests and excites me.  

I have a cabinet full of things I pulled out to work on,   I think my move this chilly morning is to go play in there and sort out what is what.  It is filled with yummy and delicious yarns and contains almost everything I really would like to knit right now.

But then again socks?  

You can see how difficult the next project can be when you are in the post sweater doldrums.  And how delightful.

No comments: