Thursday 9 August 2018

Almost

I took the Granito sweater almost to the end yesterday, 


and while I am extraordinarily pleased with it, I need to do some work.

The bottom ribbing is an absolute mess.  I am pretty sure I did it backwards, slipping the purls, rather than slipping the knits. The whole idea is to give a bit more length on the transition  rows by putting in an extra purl so there is no stress at the change to ribbing.  What I did makes an absolute flip, by making even more stress on that first row of ribbing.  If you want a forever flip, just call me.  Today's job is to reknit it.  

The other thing is, that while I love the way it turned out as is, I think I might like it even better just a smidgeon longer.  I'm going to take the time now, while I have the chance to make it so.  

But what a wonderful knit.  There is something special about the way Joji Locatelli patterns work for me.

No comments: