Thursday 5 April 2018

Not Woe or Feeling Pretty Good

Well, all the angst suffered in the winding off of that lovely green merino is done.  When I picked a stand to start with, I must have chosen right.  Everything came off with only 2 knots and one bit of leftovers from the blorfy section.


That small amount wasted is nothing.  I thought I would lose much much more.

That left me with the need to empty one more bobbin and the logical bobbin to empty was one that did not have much on it in the first place.  I wound off the bobbin of two ply that was completed when I lost the end on the single.  I took it off the niddy noddy and plopped it into a bath for a nice soak and then whacked it a few times, and came up with something I am pretty pleased with.


About 100 yards of a fingering weight that is almost well done.  There are underplyed bits but most of it is pretty darn nice.  I will probably run it through again to give the yarn just a wee bit more twist.  I am still a newbie at plying.  I have owned wheels a long time, but somehow never got around to becoming confident with plying.  

The best thing about fibre arts is there are dozens, maybe hundreds of ways to play with it and each and everytime, you learn something new! 


No comments: