Wednesday 11 April 2018

Left Handed

There are not a lot of things I can do using my left hand as my lead hand.  I have one son who is a bit of both right and left handed, but I am quite strictly right handed.  Sadly.  Wouldn't it be nice to be able to draft fibre equally as well with a left hand?

When I got up this morning, I was in the middle of a sea tale, To the Ends of the Earth, and I really wanted to finish it.  So, I decided to do a bit of winding while watching.


This large put up took a very long time to wind and is so wonderful a colour.  You can't see the variation well in the hank.

This isn't quite right either.  It is much richer and darker than what shows up here.  This does show you the range of its colours though.

I had so much fun with it, and its lovely BFL 2/8 texture, that I wound up some more.


Isn't that just the prettiest thing?


 Delicate blue, dainty white, and rich, rich cream combine to make something so delightfully pretty.  I could look at it for a long time and not tire.


I wound this up as well.  I wasn't tired of winding yet.  This is Quarry from Quince and Co, in Frost.  I have plans for this. Big plans.

If you can't knit or do otherwise with yarn, winding left is something I can do.  I would love to wind more, but the last thing I need is for my left hand to mirror my right in its aches and pains!

No comments: