Wednesday 21 March 2018

Not Stopping

After having a nice time thinking about yarns for sweaters for Keith, in a casual I get to go yarn shopping sort of way, I realized that I do have 8 balls of Remix in that soft Patina colour that I made his original sweater from.  According to my notes, I thought it would be a great colour for Brian and snagged more skeins.   They are of two dyelots though, but again, according to my notes* there is no visible difference.  Time will tell in the knitting.  That is going to be a project for next fall.

However, realizing I had the yarn in my stash did not stop me from going shopping.  He did say grey and this Patina colour is a more browny colour.  It's a nice excuse to see what is in store, isn't it?

I saw some lovely things.  My adventures yesterday were to Jo's Yarn Garden in Stony Plain, not too far from where my wee house was.  It is a truly lovely store full of very special things including Rohrspatz & Wollmeise and Colour Adventure yarns but also is my localish purveyor of all things Briggs & Little and Custom Woolen Mills to boot.  It is a place of the most basic of yarns to top end delights. I did have a very directed trip though, and only came home with some very pretty new sock yarn to make a sweater for Cassie.


I know I shouldn't choose to make a sweater for her over my little boys, but she does really love to wear what I make her.  She has such fun with clothes, even if she loves superheros more than princesses And why not I say.  And she does love purples.  Each time she sees these socks, 



she just has to pet them and admire them.  Then she says how she just loves purple.  I suspect she is wanting a pair of purple socks, but I know that my little girlie needs a good sturdy school sort of sweater.  She is tiny enough that I won't mind knitting one of of sock yarn still.  Those days will be gone soon enough!

I did see so many other stunning yarns, some really lovely alpaca and silk and some seriously wonderful silks and cotton blends.  I could have knit a dozen different shawls out of the lovely things I saw.  But, I'm kind of in sweater mode.  I do have shawlish plans, but I already have they yarns.  

Next trip I'm going to my other localish yarn store River City Yarns.  They have carried the Remix before though I am not so sure about now.  It really doesn't matter if they do or not.  I will enjoy the trip and the meander in the world of yarns. Not gonna stop.   

*I had Ravelry notes.  I 💗 this and can hardly believe it.  But I had Ravelry notes!

No comments: