Thursday 8 March 2018

More and More Sweater Like

I've spent time the last couple days working on the sweater and have almost finished another colour.  



I wanted to finish it before I showed it off again, but when it is time to set it down, I set it down.  It's at the point that this last ball has only strands running around like a skeleton skein but it will probably knit 3 or 4 more rows.

I am hopeful that the black and red that separate each main colour will fall at a place that works, not something awkward.  Where it falls, it falls though.  I have not one scrap more of that colour and moving the colour change up would only make it worse.  

I gave it a real quick try on yesterday.  It's a little hard to tell exactly, without the yoke being blocked, but it looks pretty great so far, I think.  

Thing is, even if it doesn't, even if it falls so short of what I think it can be, even if it verges on looking like a disaster,  I am going to be thrilled with this sweater and will wear it.  I wear everything I have ever made (that I still have) even when it doesn't look like it did in my head before I knit it.

This sweater is warm at the neck and that is exactly what this house requires for coziness.   There are 3 layers of DK and more, weight yarn in the yoke.  If I am absolutely serious, that warmth is the only thing that really matters. It could look like complete garbage and I would still wear it if it kept me warm where I need warm. 

Only I don't think this will.  I think it is going to look good.  I think it is going to look striking, really striking. I think it already does.

I can't wait to move on to the next colour.  It's a marled grey up next, but first, comes that punchy black and red.  Even that little stripe is fun to knit.    

I know I can knit about a ball of yarn a day at this point, and though I don't know how many days of full knitting of a ball I will get in, I do know that the number of balls at the bottom of the bag is decreasing fast, looking more and more sweater like every day.


No comments: