Monday 15 January 2018

Not that I need anything new to knit

Well, actually, I do.

I started working on Matchmaker on Saturday.  OH.  MY.  GOODNESS.  What fun!  At the end you get something that looks a lot like Viajante but is knit completely differently!


There are 3 formats for knitting Matchmaker:  a fingering version, a DK version, and a freestyle version.  With my two balls of yarn, totaling about slightly over 600 metres.  There is a bit more of the plain yellow Clara than of the sprightly Kureopatora.  Well, really, there isn't anything plain at all about the Clara as you can see from the large yellow starting point.  It's a beautiful variety of yellows, and golds, and light lemons and everything in between.  I'm just getting to the end of that first colour repeat in the Noro.  I loved the way it flowed sometimes long colours, some times just a glimpse.  You can see the next repeat with its gold and yellow, just peaking out from under the edge of the greens.  The yellow in the Noro is so close to the yellow in the Clara that they merge completely.  Even I have to look hard and I knit the thing.  

I am winging it with the stripes.  That first large triangle of yellow was about 20 grams  and the stripes so far, have been about 10 grams each.  This next stripe of  the multi is going to be a bit more than that I think.  As the knitting gets wider, 10 grams doesn't go as far.  The plan is to knit each of my two colours till I get to my magic number and then, knit all of the last section in two row stripes.  
That is the plan and so far, it is working out.  I don't think my cowl is going to be as wide as what Matrina designed, but no matter. I'm already plenty wide to make a good workable cowl and in these yarns, closer fitting is a wonderful thing.  And best of all, no way, you can have a case of winter blues working this up. Nor wearing it.  No way at all.

No comments: