Monday 29 January 2018

And here we are. Monday.

It is a hold back from all those years of working in an office, with the unrelenting Monday, but  even now that I am more or less retired, Monday remains a day that is about facing up.  Monday in the office world is about facing up to work again for another whole week and for me here, Monday is a day of reckoning. 

I didn't quite get to where I hoped but then my hope was pretty unrealistic.  In my heart of hearts I hoped that I could get the body done.  I would have been thrilled to get it within an inch of the bottom.  But seriously, that is a lot of knitting and isn't possible, not even when I am on a sweater jag where I knit a sweater in a week.  If I was knitting a shorter sweater, maybe, but this one?  Nope.

But it is going well.  I am below the waist and have separated the two sides back into a cardigan.




Coming off the repair of the button placket at the neckline, I was really, really careful to have the correct side be on top.  


While I didn't live up to my unattainable dreams, I did a very respectable amount of work.  It is at 11 inches now from the underarm and my goal is for this sweater to end up about 17 inches from the underarm.  So about 6 inches to go.  It is 6 easy inches though.  I have one more increase set to do, and once that is done, I can drop the markers and just knit madly till it is long enough.

It just occurred to me that somewhere soon, I have to decide if I am going to add a bit of the yoke colour and patterning at the bottom.  I do really love the splash of colour at the top and I have lots of the yarn left but the question is do I need it?  Would having some at the bottom add to the sweater or would it end up taking away from the punchy pop of colour at the neckline?  

If you asked me today, I think I would say no.  As me another day?  Who knows.   There is also the option to do the trim at the bottom of the sleeves.  That could easily happen no matter what I do at the bottom of the sweater.  Lots of choices left in this project before all the deciding is done.

But for now, I'm off to see where the day will take me.  Some chores, some knitting no doubt, and that sounds like a pretty good Monday to me. 

No comments: