Tuesday 17 October 2017

Shot Down

I was shot down in the prime of my idea this morning.  Sigh.  And just when I was winning the great idea lotto too.


I was up pretty early and couldn't get back to sleep, so I decided to knit a swatch/first square  of the afghan.  I loved it, but the pattern as written doesn't match the picture in the book and my sample wasn't square.  I was all set to go looking for errata when the landlord happened to see my sample.

He did not like it.  Too flashy.  No stair steppy rust among the deep blueberry teal for him.  Sigh.

On the upside he did pick another pattern from the same book.  Oddly enough, it is one the that I choose for  him long ago, when I was first going to knit an afghan for each of my kids.  I have brown and tan yarns in my stash for it and I might even consider using that yarn, but for the colours.  He prefers the Houndstooth blanket.

It is stranded and I can knit it in the round.  I can steek the edge and tuck the ends into a folded hem.  It is one of the tidiest ways to finish off a steek.  The blanket will be double stranded so bonus for warmth too.  There are no bad things about this choice but for no punchy rust.

But that is a start for another day.  Today, I am working on lace.  As you see, the coffee is on and it is time to knit.

No comments: