Wednesday 7 June 2017

Following the plan

I had a plan yesterday.  My plan was to take pictures of our current spinning.  It seemed like a really good plan, but the plan did not come together.  There was so much good conversation and interesting fibre to watch, that I plumb forgot.  In a lot of ways, that is the best part of spinning.

So no spinning pictures.  But here in the house of Needles, we do indeed have many other things to talk about.

Remember my striped cowl?  


It's pretty much done.  I have just a nugget sized ball, about the same amount that I keep for heels on socks, left.  The only thing left to do on this lovely thing is the really long graft.  I know I have lots of yarn for the graft, but I want to have yarn to knit a couple rounds from the other side of my provisional cast on to ease out any weirdness there before the graft.  

I am so very very pleased with the colour gradient.  It is almost better than I thought it would be when I bought the yarn.  The changes are so subtle and yet clearly evident.  Three rows of each.  I have a wee ball of all the ends and someday, I will knit them into a small gradient scarf for a bear or other stuffie for a little one to love.

What I need is a little quiet and a clean table to work off of and it will be done.  That is a week or so down the road but I can wait.  What is the rush?  


That's the plan.  We will see how it goes.




No comments: