Sunday 1 January 2017

The First Day

Today is the first day.  First day of what is a logical question.  First day of the year.  First day of the week.  First day of a month.  But it also is the first day of a new knitting project.

The problem is, what project?  I have so many lined up that I want to do.  I want more than socks, and I just don't feel like a shawl today.  There is a yarn I would love to use, but it is in the other room and I'm not ready to dig it out from behind furniture today.  Not when I will be doing that for good next week anyway.  So I am kind of limiting myself to the yarn I have in my room.  That still is a lot of yarn  but even there, I just don't have the energy to dig too much. I will be digging it next week or the following week too.  Seems like too much digging will be a waste of energy. 

So right off the bat, I am limiting myself to what is at the 'top' of the reachable stash.  Some might find these limits sad, but I don't think it will be for me.  I have a lot of stash and at lot is still easily reachable. 

Right now I'm looking at patterns that might work with some of these top yarns. Shortly I will go look at yarns.  Somewhere in between, something will jump up and shout 'knit me'! 

I hope. 

No comments: