Monday 5 December 2016

Tis the season.

I didn't get nearly as much knitting in this weekend as I hoped.  This matters because I am knitting a coat to get me through the cold times.  Oh I have a big old coat but it loses feathers and really seriously lacks integrity even though all the seams are there.  It works if I have to. 
Being pushed by the cold isn't a bad thing.  It just makes me want to knit faster.

I am knitting.  A further inch this weekend. 



You can just begin to see the spade like shapes beginning to form.  It just doesn't look like much.

I did knit a bunch on Cassie's sweater, and have really good results on that. 


Just the littlest bit of an a line flare but otherwise straight falling to just below her finger tips.  (I expect that length to last till Christmas) I really adore knitting this with its clear strong colours.  A winter pick me up for sure.  Just sleeves to go and they will start tomorrow.

The other thing that starts tomorrow is cookie baking.  First is cut out cookies.  I picked up the cookie cutters last week from Uncle Keith's and the kiddies here and I will bake.  The recipe we will use is my mom's favourite, Sour cream cookies, which are so superior to a plain sugar cookie.  Consider this my determined pitch to switch all the rest of you to something better. And then an evening of decorating.  Best Christmas activities ever.  And Yum.

In between we I will knit and will finish a little one and make miracles happen on a big one.


No comments: