Sunday 24 January 2016

There is just nothing like it.



I know that no one is going to understand it, but each time I finish one of my long standing projects, I cry.  They have been my companions and in a way I will miss their being at the bottom of the box.


Nothing like it.  Nothing like the pleasure of a finished sweater.  11 balls of Drops Alpaca and lots of stockinette added to the glorious simplicity of  the design, the Still Light Tunic by Veera Valimaki.  

It needs a good bath and blocking and then a very little finishing, including a single button at the back of the neck...And then off to do a good sweater's duty.

I have always thought that I needed to knit sweaters, even long before I felt I could knit sweaters.  It's always the most incredible pleasure when that last stitch pops off the needles and I look up and there it is.  A complete sweater. A wearable garment.  

I have the ability to clothe myself and my family by the power of my own hands. That is such an incredible affirmation of my purpose in the world. 

2 comments:

Sel and Poivre said...

This sorely tempts me I tell you! What a fantastic piece!

Brendaknits said...

All those physcological benefits and it looks so good too.