Thursday 14 January 2016

Hems

It was a babysitting day yesterday and it seems I forgot my plan to blog on location.  Oh well.

When I got home last night, I made a good dinner with my first ever purchase of sauerkraut.  I am not a sauerkraut eater.  Ever.  Well ok.  There was one time when I was little, but I told Dad I didn't like it, so he said to put sugar on it.  I did and sweetkraut?  Trust me on this.  Not a good idea, particularly when you are 4 years old. It had not ever crossed my lips from then till the holidays.  Over Christmas, I came across a sauerkraut and potato casserole and it was delicious.  That was my dinner last night and it was yummy.

With the comfortably filled tummy, I sat down to knit.  I am now at the point on my sweater where if I intend to split the side seams, I must do so.  I haven't tried it on yet to check out exactly how the fit is, but once that is done I will need to know what the finish will be.  

I am not even sure if I want that look, or if I should just opt for a shirttail hem, or just a hem.  So many choices so late in the game.  

Off to coffee and decision making.  It's a good way to start a morning.

Updated to add:

I am working on my NaJuReMoNoMo list of new to me novels, and I have to admit, once again, I am struggling.  It isn't that I am not reading.  I am, but I am right in the middle of a short version of a History of England, that I really am enjoying.  It's hard to pop novels in the middle.  I have only finished one novel so far, The Martian, which is excellent and well worth the read, but I am struggling to stay in focus with my second, Lavinia by Ursula K. LeGuin.  It is a lovely book.  I am really enjoying the way she uses language, but I am struggling staying focused.  I have started another Miss Silver Novel and that seems to be going a bit better.  Maybe 2 this year.  We shall see!

No comments: