Wednesday 19 August 2015

Sorting and Ordering

The card reader is still not being picked up by the rest of my computer so I have been waiting all day to take pictures with my phone,  which was, as ever, deader than a door knob.

I feel wonderfully energetic today for absolutely no reason at all.  I am taking advantage of it to put some order to my big back room.

When my sister came to visit, we wound the quilt top up and set it in a more or less, unused bathroom.  It is so lovely to be able to get in to this room without being hindered by the very long quilt roll and I haven't been in a rush to put it up again.  I really wanted to see if there was a way I could set it up, that would work better, without having it take  up my entire workroom.

In order to do this, I have been putting and tidying.  While I have a garbage bag by my side, I have also been going through a few unlabeled boxes and combining bits and ends so that all the sewing stuff (zippers, buttons for covering, elastic etc.) is in one place and that all the tools (scissors, needles, pins) are in one place.  There is more to do to get it really in order, but at least the unlabeled stuff is labeled and the bits are well on the way to being easy to find.

I have also been tucking away all the books I pulled out since spring from my knitting library.  I am sure I mentioned it before, but I do have a very lovely knitting library.

 
The bookcases are the basic Ikea Billy, and if it was only books and they were only on the wide bookcases, there would be 2 and a half full bookshelves of just knitting.  Then there is about a half  shelf of crochet books, and a whole shelf of various other lovely things: embroidery, quilting, miniatures, costume and clothing history, doll making and clothing, sewing to name a few.

It is a lovely library, though and I wish I had more hours in the day so that I could do it all. Lovely thoughts don't change reality.

Reality is this,


the lace yarn stash, which I intend to move to the wool room very shortly.  Enough has been knit over the last few years, that there are several empty medium sized containers to move it into. And there is room on the top shelf for those containers to fit.

I'm just about to head into the lace moving now.  If you don't see me before Friday, you will know I am living the dream of knitting lovely lace and I am too bemused by it to pull myself out of it.

Or the wool room boxes fell in on me and I smothered.  Either way, I am looking forward to it.

No comments: