Wednesday 12 August 2015

Other knitting

I spent almost the entire day yesterday not knitting.  No wait.  I did spend the entire day yesterday not knitting.  Not one stitch.  I hate that.  And no morning coffee either.  I had some errands in the morning that ended up taking far longer than they ought to have taken and when I got home there was just time for a snooze before it was time to go to babysit.  

Today looks a whole lot better.  I am going to sit and have a coffee and I am going to knit and knit and knit.  I am hoping to get the very pretty lipstick sweater to the join at the underarms. Or at least really close.  We shall see.

I did think of something that I haven't shown in a while. 

I love this Kauni colourway.  The soft blues and white.  Its just so pretty.  I am getting close to the finished size I wanted before starting an edging of some sort.  I guess that will be my fun for today, and my reading when I am not knitting.  Choosing an edging. 

I have so many good books to work from that it is going to be a challenge to choose.  However, I have Barbara Abbey's Knitting Lace and Matha Waterman's Traditional Knitted Lace Shawls, I think I will have lots to choose from.  If I don't find what I want in those two, then there are all the rest.  I have some wonderful books and only the most jaded knitter on the planet wouldn't find something to please them from my library.

Time to get knitting. Bring on the day.  Bring on the coffee. 


No comments: