Tuesday 2 September 2014

One Tiny Foot from done.

Two heels are done.

Only one tiny foot to go.  About 20 rows in the round and a quick little round toe.  Then a few ends to weave in and a graft at the crotch and some pretty brilliant blue buttons and done.

I am pretty pleased with the way the colours worked out too.  

One of the things that happens with these self striping yarns, even the long colour ones, is that when you work the small rounds after some bigger rounds you get dramatically different width of colour sections.  That doesn't always look great.  

This time though the wide is on top but fits well with the rest and I must have gotten into shorter sections of colour when I did the feet and legs.  The width of striped sections are not all that much different.  Or they look balanced at least.  

I did play with the colours on both feet a little.  I wanted darker feet and had two sections of dark green and dark blue.  Beyond that, I did not do any other messing with colour.

But, I am pretty pleased with how it is all coming along and I can't wait for my wee fellow to return home next week so that I can try them on him!

Next up, a hat for my big guy, and then one for my wee sweet one, and by then, a new baby should have arrived.  

And then maybe grandma gets to knit for herself and their mommies.  Not enough hours in a day.  Not nearly enough!

No comments: