Thursday 4 September 2014

It's just a toe.

I have only the toe decrease rows to go.  Heartrending that I couldn't get them done last night but it might be a good thing.  

I was looking at the other toe last night and it seems really short.  Because I want this to fit for a few months, I want to make sure there is room.  In fact when I held it up to show all the ladies last night, I looked and the whole thing just seemed so tiny. 

Carter is just 5 months and he may have started out as small and been in the low end of the percentile scale for kids his age a couple of months ago, but gosh darn it, he is growing like a weed and has the cheeks to prove it.  

What seemed so wide to me as I knit, so wide that I seriously thought about ripping it back, now looks almost too narrow.  The only reason I didn't rip back (remember how I was so worried about running out of yarn?)  is that I am fundamentally lazy.  

Sigh.  I wonder about me.  I really do.  If anyone who wasn't a knitter really knew the angst that went into these things.




1 comment:

Sel and Poivre said...

Yes the angst... the other night I told my husband I was worried about running out of yarn for something and he asked me why and I told him , "because that's what knitters do"...