Thursday 17 April 2014

So many things

Last night, prepared  as I was, I did not go to knit night. What with one thing, a snow squall, and another, the urgent need to stop living around boxes, I voted for staying home and building bookcases.  

And voila!
Bookcases built, 3 boxes of books unpacked, other boxes merged, and sent to the big backroom, chairs and tables set to their proper positions.  I even have a working lamp on the side table.

Even the little laptop finally has a home besides my lap.
Not its permanent place but it will do till I get the back room organized. (Pictures capture a moment of life - and all the dust.  This looks like a job for a swiffer.)

I felt the urge to tidy up.  That is a pretty rare thing so I took the time to do it and realized that there are some very pretty things that have wandered into my house over the last few weeks.
Some very lovely Shibui.  I have seen such pretty things made with this combination of yarns.  I needed a something from it.

Some eye poppingly bright sock yarn, because who doesn't need eye popping summer socks?

And some sweet soft yarn to make my wee peanut some hats.  He likes to be warm and maybe some hats will help his mommy keep him happy.

I just want to say a word about Mirage.  The blue Zara is a wonderful standby wool superwash and will be great but the Mirage is so wonderfully soft.  I am very impressed with this blend of wool and acrylic and I can't wait to see how it performs for mommy, who is not so fond of wool.


1 comment:

Sel and Poivre said...

Reading of your work on your shelves had me sorting a whole bookcase worth of our books yesterday. Feels good to have that done. Thanks for the inspiration!