Thursday 27 March 2014

It's a Number Thing

I did make it to Wednesday Night Knitting yesterday.  I miss everybody so much when I can't go.  It was so great to see everyone again, and to meet a new to me knitter.

I have known her from Ravelry for a while now.  Known might be overstating the case, but I have been an admirer.  She did her Master's in Europe on textiles and I just think that old textiles or new, that is a field that would be captivating. She was taking a few books of mine on wildflower gardening. and it was so nice to meet a new knitter.  

Another newer to the group knitter just finished her first pair of socks.  And you all know how I feel about socks.  She said she made an error on the heel.  She picked up 12 on the heel flaps instead of the patterns 11, but figured that she would just work an extra decrease and nobody would know.  Some people can't go there.  They have to follow the pattern to a T, but this girl?  My kind of knitter!

Otherwise I knit on my socks.  It is easy and convenient and as ever, it fits in my purse.  So much else has been packed away.  I have to admit.  It's making me nuts.






These denimy, heathered blues and greens and oranges.  I can't tell them apart!  I seem to be working with beginnings and endings just about as coordinated as you could possibly have in a scrappy sock.  There is a section in the blues where what you think is a yarn change is, isn't. No....The yarn change is just a little somewhere else and you really have to look hard for it.  

This would all be well and good, but up till now these 7 rows changes have been easy and almost intuitive.  I could judge the by eyeballing it, and usually came out right.  Eyeballing it isn't working.  

I have to keep a very close tabs on where the beginning of a row is or the count could be way off.  I am pretty sure that there are some 8s and maybe even some 9's in there.  I only hope they are balanced by a few 5s and 6s.

Its making me nuts I tell you.  Batty as all get out. Its a number thing.

No comments: