Thursday 16 January 2014

Not Quite Sure

I had a really long post written on a topic that was so odd , so weird that I can still hardly believe it happened.  I decided that it wasn't really for public consumption and that if I tell you what I said on Ravelry, it is enough.  I said:

"You know how people sometimes say a thing is quite beyond them, meaning they take great exception to it?  Sometimes I am quite the stinker and I agree with them, 'Why yes.  Yes it is quite beyond you.' "

That is it.  I am going to hell in a handbasket.  It will be lined with wool so it will probably be ok.

The next thing up in the list of things I wanted to knit and never started till now, is some Spiderman socks.

I saw these on Ravelry, for the big guys who are Spiderman fans but my fan is a small boy, so, adapt adapt, adapt.  It is the idea that I really needed, so thank you to Rosemary Chapman for making this pair free.

I have no desire to knit colourwork for the small bit of black webbing so I am knitting a plain blue and red sock and will duplicate stitch the webs later.  I may wish I had done it the other way, but I shall leave that particular angst for another day.  I didn't even read the pattern to find out if this is what she does.  It doesn't really matter once you have set your path in motion and your mind made up.  That is how I get into trouble though, isn't it?

So, by the end of tomorrow I will have a bunch of things ready for the house on the other side of the city (Son 3 and family) and will have some pictures ready for you.
 

2 comments:

Brendaknits said...

Ooh. Sounds like quite a story.

Christine said...

I have only one thing to say:
:-P