Tuesday 7 January 2014

Just foolin around

I know I said I need to knit socks but I just couldn't do it today.  Today I wanted to work on the shawl.  Maybe I will knit socks on the weekend.  Maybe.

Pssst.   I don't feel much like knitting socks at all.  I had wanted to make the next socks I made be following the patterns in Nancy Bush's Knitting Vintage Socks 

The books are packed and though I know where all the boxes are, and they are not that hard to get at, I have no idea which box contains this book.  Sigh.  I ought to have made a more detailed list of what is in each box.  I just noted 'knitting books'.

So a weekend job it is going to be.   Meantime I have the pair I showed you yesterday to work on and I suppose I could go play in the sock yarn stash...

Now that is an idea worth doing!  Sock yarn?  Oh little sock yarn...Mama's going to come and play with you...

2 comments:

Brendaknits said...

Our socks must be of the same vintage. I have noticed a few of my pairs getting very thin so socks are on my radar too.

Anonymous said...

Ha! I knew sock yarn was your favorite! :) GD