Thursday 3 October 2013

Off to do some wedding prep

I am off to assist with some wedding prep, or have coffee and run errands.  I don't know which.  I am leaving it up to those in charge to direct my time today. 

And then I have to bake a bit more this evening.  I still have one kind of cake and some dainty cookies that I want to do.  

The cookies are something that shows up in my Betty Crocker Cookbook, the very first cookbook given to me by my mom.  In some ways my copy is out of date.  Old fashioned pictures, all of them small but the recipes are time tested and still are exactly what they were then.  

These are right in the cookie section.  A creamy wafer, (4th photo is the exact sort of dainty) where the simple dough is rolled in sugar and then cut in small circles and baked.  Then they are iced with a rich butter cream icing which has been coloured, according to the book, pink and green, but according to me, the wedding colours.  They are cute as can be and  so very perfect for a wedding or wedding shower.

Anyway, off go do wedding stuff.  I might not have time to post tomorrow and the weekend will be its own sort of wonderful busy - ness.  You will see me hale and hearty and raring to knit come Monday morning.  


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I use my betty crocker cookbook you gave me all the time!! It was one of the most thoughtful presents I have received and I love it!!! Have fun this weekend!