Friday 18 October 2013

Just Nice.

No baking happened yesterday.  We went shopping instead.  

We didn't do much, but did a few errands for my daughter and then we stopped at the yarn store and I did a little shopping there.  We ran into a couple of friends of mine so we had lunch next door to the store at an Edmonton institution, Fife and Dekel.  This sandwich and pie place recently moved from their original location to right beside the yarn store.  Great food and great yarn in one small strip mall?  A tiny corner of heaven.

I picked up a couple of new treats.  
 This is Souk, a new yarn from Cascade Yarns. It appears to have a very noro-ish soul.  We shall see.  It shall be knit soon.  This might be my upcoming travel knitting!
And number two treat, Jawoll Magic Degrade.  I don't know.  Maybe I have this in this colour already?  If I do, that is okay.  I think I just needed more.  Wonderful fall colours. Deep rich red, and gold and green and maroon and purple and everything in between.  Though it is sold as a sock yarn, I don't know. It is a good sock blend, 25% nylon and the rest wool, but the soft twist?  I just don't see it for socks.  Not that this is a bad thing!

We came home and I knit the afternoon away till it was time to make some soup for supper.  It was a lovely day and it felt just nice.  Nothing was rushed, nothing was urgent. I think I needed that.

Today this house will be filled with good smells of freshly baked buns and a loaf of bread or two. Just an ordinary day, nothing urgent, no rush.  

Just nice.



No comments: