Friday 3 August 2012

If a Picture Paints a Thousand Words

That is a line from one of my favourite old songs, but it covers this sort of thing too.

Its not that it looks bad, but there are so many, many sleeve stitches left that decreasing them in the way that I wanted, would mean inches of extra and unneeded length. Enough inches to fit a 6 year old when I am trying to fit a newborn.

It became a ball of yarn again and I started over right from square one.  Starting at the top down, to control size better, and get the look I want (bye bye cute little 3 needles bind off).  I'm doing this one contiguously.
I should have done this from the get go.  

I've been able to return to the placket that I was looking for (knit in) and will be able to make this match my wee sweet jeans which just need a wash and the finishing.  As they have needed all week.  

There just aren't enough hours in the week to get it all done.  Not in gardening season, anyway.  But tomorrow is bright long weekend morning and if life isn't sucked out of the day by chores, I'll tend to these things bright and early.  

I've got big things planned for this weekend.  I'm heading to the west side of the city over to the new River City Yarns.  They have closed their flagship location, opting for good light, plenty of class space, a very large store room and work space, an office, and tons and tons of lovely retail floor space. And I can't wait to see it!

No comments: