Tuesday 12 June 2012

And back to Pink

Foolishness aside, the pink sweater is moving along nicely.  I'll be starting sleeves today.  They will be long fairly fitted sleeves, as in the pattern.
In the mean time, here is how it looks so far.
I'm pretty pleased.  On Ms Dummy, it flows just beautifully.  As I am just a touch girthier than Ms Dummy, it is a little less so on me, but that same drape and flow will come on wearing and if not, I suspect with the addition of another completed v of the lace.  
I am really pleased with the way the lace has turned out.  It is just the right sort of flash under the arms, for a non flashy dresser like me.  A sort of bling light of the sweater world.
And this is my contiguous shoulder.  I.  Am.  So.  Pleased.  Gregales original pattern has a very wide neckline with raglan sleeves.  That isn't really a good look for me.  Knitting the upper body contiguoulsy keeps the raglan-simple knitting but results in a completely perfect set in sleeve.  

So far so fair.  Now lets get these sleeves done.

1 comment:

Brendaknits said...

I. Love. It. You lace is so great and unexpected. And you did a marvellous job on the contiguous.