Monday 16 April 2012

Are you as tired of socks as I am?

I hope so because I am not. I could still talk a long time about socks before I am done.

This weekend we celebrated our second Easter and we did it in a very spring way, combining the best of the old world and the new.  We had Shashlik cooked over an open fire in the middle of a snow storm.  Perfectly Ukrainian and perfectly Canadian at the same time.  Of course the little snow we had this weekend, 3 inches of wet white stuff followed by colder dryer flakier snow, was hardly a a snow storm.  It was actually kind of pretty out. No wind and a nice fire and good food and family?  It was the nicest of Julian Easters. 

But it did mean that there was not a lot of time to just sit and knit.  So I worked on sock heels.  I did pretty well considering.


Plus this


And then because I was just a little tired of heels, I did the second red sock.

There is only a few rows of ribbing before it is ready to cast off.  I didn't think I'd get these done, but along came a time when I needed just plain knitting and oopsie daisy, done.  The short row heel and the wee bit of upper before the ribbing took almost no time at all, and the cuff will only be a few minutes more. I'll finish that this morning, I suspect.   Not instant, but tennis socks are fast.

That means the bucket of sock blanks looks like this.
One left for seed, you see.  Maybe the socks will sprout and grow again, without me having to knit them!

Which leaves this.


A bin full of bits.  Big bits and little bits and in between bits.  Someday I will do something with them, but right now, I just need a a bigger bin.

And some blue sock yarn.  There isn't enough blue in there. 

All of this combines to mean, be still my beating heart, I get to visit the sock yarn stash! Pure fun!


1 comment:

Sandra said...

I have a bag full of socks sans heels. I add heels as I decide who's going to get the socks.