Wednesday 29 February 2012

Forgotten photos of finished things.

I finished my Damson  shawl in December.  I have worn it to work a few times and it has received rave reviews every time.  

But I never did get around to better photos of it.

It loses a lot in the photos.  The colour isn't as vital as it is in life.  In life the blues glow and the black and grays have inky depths.  

In life, the difference in texture between the garter stitch section and the stockinette lace is fantastic.  

And beyond it all, it is soft and completely lovely. It is a thing to sigh over.

I've completed section one of the sweet tomato heel.  I'm sure it will be smooth and nice after all is said and done, but I'll have to practice a little while on my short row technique first.  

1 comment:

Sandra said...

love how the colours seem to undulate throught he pattern.
Great job.