Thursday 4 August 2011

When Mojo Takes a Hike

I've been in a bit of knitting doldrums.  Knitting doldrums, as it is wont to do, spread to other things and I ended up with not a lot accomplished yesterday.

I have to redo the sleeves on my Folklore.  I really hate that, but I can no longer talk myself into accepting them as they are.  Just too tight, and blocking isn't going to take that away, no matter how much I wish it would.  

As I suspected, I am also going to run out of black before I get to the end of the chart on Lilia Hyrna.  I have half the chart left to go and only enough yarn for 1 row.  That will be saved for binding off.  Its going to have to sit for a bit while I decide if the black section looks balanced enough to just move on to the last red border.  

I had no urge, felt no rush, and just couldn't settle.

So I spent a very long time wandering about.  I spun (a bunch.  I am very happy with that). I spent a while looking at lovely yarns. I debated what to do next.  (I'm going to go back to charts to finish up the Lehe shawl from Knitted Lace of Estonia. I think).  I looked at shawl patterns and new books and old magazines.  

Everybody has a different place they go when they lose their knitting mojo.  (It isn't lost, it really is just hiding out somewhere, taking a walk around the block, playing in the park...something like that)

When the mojo takes a walk in the park, I find comfort in socks.  Plain, simple, prosaic.  When I knit socks, mojo comes back and it comes back strong and everything feels fresh and clean. 

I've taken a bit of a break from sock knitting since May and I think it is time to get back to it.  One pair a month, to the end of the year.

Mojo found.  It came back with some other lost energy.  It picked up some bread baking mojo and some laundry mojo.  (Who knew there was laundry mojo!)  

It's a very good day.  Mojo wise that is.

No comments: