Monday 15 August 2011

To be or not to be Sensible.

I have to clean my car today.

A friend was traveling and brought me back goodies. The bumper sticker is going on my car today.  Part of me wishes my Julia's wheel was a solid thing, like the S10.  If it was, just for fun, I'd mount it there!  Too bad Julia looks just a little more traditional.  

My friend also brought me some of this.  
Its Berocco's new Flicker yarn, an unimaginably soft confection of 87% baby alpaca and 8% of acrylic carrier for 5% other fibres, which I assume is what the shiny stuff is.  

There is just the smallest most subtle bit of shiny stuff in here. Its just enough for a hint, the tiniest flicker of glisten and sheen.  It isn't 80's in your face metallic, it's  thoroughly modern.  It is a gentle metallic for a new age.

I know exactly what I am going to do with it too.  Lofty, warm, yummy soft.  This quite simply demands to be made into a snuggly fall shawl.  And if I am not careful and extremely sensible, this might just get cast on today.

PS.  This yarn is getting a very high rating from me.  Very high. Lofty.

1 comment:

Brendaknits said...

Just home from vacation and getting caught up on blog reading. I love the colours in your Folklore. Very soft and subtle. And I love your flowers. Wow! Never being home in the summer, I plant very few so I always admire someone with so much colour and variety in their gardens.