Sunday 21 November 2010

A Shout Out to the World

I am the mother of sons.  While I loved being the mother of sons, and was probably best suited to being the mother of sons, I have always longed for a daughter.  

Sons, on occasion, bring daughters into your life.  My eldest did.  

My very treasured daughter is still in Kiev, and we are still waiting.  This is so hard for me.  I can barely begin to imagine how hard it is for my son, Tony and Olga.  Married but not together, trying to build their life together, but just waiting.

I am sorry.  I am having a wee bit of a pity party today, sitting here wishing that government paperwork moved along faster.  Wishing that the good paperwork fairy would clear the visa process faster for us.   

Please world, wish for me my daughter.  Wish for my son his wife. Here.  In Canada.   Cross your fingers and toes.  Send Canadian Immigration a pack of pencils so the stuff that needs doing can all get done faster.  Please world, if you can spare a moment, think of my daughter and wish her to us.

If wishes were horses...maybe it would all happen sooner.  

4 comments:

Sandra said...

It's always so sad when good peopel should be together, yet governments work to keep them apart. I'm thinking good thoughts for Tony and Olga, and I hope one day my son brings me a daughter to adore as well.

mrs.spit said...

thinking of you both. It will happen.

Anonymous said...

We have all of our fingers crossed in hopes that olga gets to canada soon. We can't wait to meet her!

On our way home from Saskatoon at thanksgiving we were listening to the cbc and there was a couple who were speaking about their immigration experience and it was such a nightmare. Greg and I both hoped that this could be avoided by Anthony + Olga!

Come on immigration, let her in already!!
xoxox

Brendaknits said...

WOW! I bet there's a great interesting story behind that wedding.