Friday 23 July 2010

On Flying Saucers.

One of the best things about working at a yarn store is that you get to see all the new stuff first.  I don't get to see so much as I used to...most of the yarn comes to the southside store with it's bigger warehouse facility, but I do get to see some new things.  

This is one of them.  

Flying Saucers?  Oh my.  

What it is, is a really nice sock yarn, dyed and spooled for those among us who absolutely must have matching socks. Great bright colour blends.  It looks like fun.   It comes off the spool in town strands ready for knitting 2 socks at once, ready for winding perfectly matched double balls without the hassle of trying to match the strands.  

I of course couldn't care less about the matching.  In fact, I probably will have to work to make nonmatching socks, just to spite the maker. Not really. I just want comfortable socks.  The look doesn't matter at all.  I'm looking forward to having a little fun with these.

No comments: