Monday 23 November 2009

Oceans of...

I thought I would be knitting hard to make something brown this weekend, but I have been released from the brown for a time, nay verily even kicked in the pants by more urgent knitting.

I woke up Friday morning and things were pretty normal. I went to bed Friday night and some things in the world had shifted. There is an air of unreality about it still.

Friday evening, Son 1 told us he was getting married. In Kiev. On December 19th. So little time.
So I rushed my mind through all the things I could do quickly and decided on the airy light and lovely Wisp as a gift from myself to the bride. I'll send it along when Son 1 goes early in December. The gift for her mom, will probably go with me, though it would be nice if I could get both done before he goes.

There are a lot of places I planned to go in this world, but Kiev was not one of them. Now that it is in my travel plans, I am very much looking forward to it. And I am very much looking forward to meeting our new daughter.

6 comments:

Knitting Alchemist said...

Oh, that's wonderful news! Congratulations to all.

Christine said...

Congratulations - how exciting!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Congratulations! All the best to them both!!

Sandra said...

Congrats! And I love that you have a new daughter. My parents always considered my husband and my brother's wife and their son and daughter. I'm sure she'll be a wonderful addition to the family. And wisp is gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Do we get more information and details? Sounds very exciting! GD

Mrs. Spit said...

How exciting!