Monday 30 November 2009

Moving on


I blocked the Wisp and while it is nice, it isn't quite what I wanted for my new daughter in law. I'll need to revisit her shawl. I have choosen a more full bodied yarn, Mericash in the loveliest of light creams. Not quite white but as close as it comes. Not sure about pattern. Soemthing will come to me, and if nothing else, the Wisp looks marvelous in it.

I'm blocking the mother of the bride's shawl, and I'm fairly certain this one will be fine. It ought to be when you have knit the same thing in the same yarn before.

This morning, I've got my hands on grannies shawl. The yarn is from a local producer and is an 80/20 blend of alpaca and silk. You have seen it here just about a year ago in a scarf I did for my father-in-law.
It is so soft and lightly spun that it barely can support its own weight. It ought to be the perfect yarn for a small shawl.

I'm playing with patterns. I began a shawl from 101 Luxury One Skein Wonders, but it is a little too intensive a patttern. I have no time for it. I think I'm going to restart with a Swallowtail. Everyone says it is a wonderful knit, and I know from my Shoalwater Shawl, Evelyn Clark patterns have beautiful charts to work from.

So off on another marathon knitting day. Brings to mind my favourite poem of all time, Robert Frost's Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening.

" The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
but I have promises to keep,
and miles to go before I sleep"

I may yet complete these mammoth tasks I have set myself before I get on the plane.

1 comment: