Tuesday 6 October 2009

If its Tuesday

Even as the lofty goals vest is working its way to completion, there are many other things going on here at the House of Needles.  If it is Tuesday it must be for spinning.   That is the Yarn Harlot's mantra and I hope that she won't mind if I make it mine.

It isn't that I am trying to be a copycat, but Tuesdays work for me right now.  The whole I'll spin when I am tired of knitting doesn't seem to be working.  I have not yet been tired of knitting.  I have been tired of a project, had tired hands, been tired and needed to go to bed, but never just tired of knitting.  I suppose this is a good thing considering how much yarn I have.

But to put spinning to a place where it is for when I am tired of knitting? Ain't. Going. To. Happen. I've tried to be diligent and spin just a little everyday, but in the throes of a fierce fascination for a knitting thing, not a whole lot else enters my head.  Tuesdays are already a different sort of day.  It's the day of afternoon knitting with buddies so I'll designate Tuesday morning for spinning.


I'll be spinning up the rest of this batt and I hope to ply it too. ( I'm going to try my hand at Navajo plying, since I only have one bobbin.)





I have a huge box of fibre from Louet, part of the purchase deal they had on this summer and a burgeoning stash,


(More burgeoning)




and if I don't start some serious spinning soon, it might push out the yarn.  You can see my quandry.  

No comments: