Friday 18 September 2009

It's Friday?

I'm still looking for Wednesday. I have no idea where it went, but I am pretty sure Wednesday didn't show up this week. Maybe it was Tuesday that went missing. I'm not sure, but there is a distinct lack of hours in this particular week.

I needed to knit another Baby Gansey to the point where saddles and sleeves are knit, and write up my notes for this second class. I did the knitting, but I cheated and knit a few rows, then did the gusset, and now have this very very short thing that is ready for saddles and sleeves. I think I'll keep this sample in a permanent state of ready to knit for session 2, so I don't have to go through this the next time we hold this class.

This class is light weight in comparison to the first class. Both the ladies are familiar perpendicular work, and all this ones does is to do the perepndicular join on the purl and knit side of the work. There will be homework. Both sleeves must be knit before the third session. There will have to be a quick round of one sort of bind off. We could put the end stitches on holders but they might just want to complete them before they move on to the collar.

Here it is almost 6:30 AM and I'm sure I woke up at 4 and was ready to get moving, but somewhere between waking up, thinking out my list for the day, and actually getting out of bed, someone stole more of my precious hours. All of a sudden it was 6, the alarm clock was buzzing, and I was behind.

When I find out just who it is that is stealing all this time from me, well, I'll probably knit them socks, liking socks as I do, but I'm going to knit their socks just a little too small for their feet.

2 comments:

Linda said...

Just a smidgeon so that their heel slips under their foot.
That time thief is sneaking around my house as well...

Needles said...

Exactly so, Linda.