Tuesday 15 September 2009

I'm here, just sleepy

We were up at the lake, closing the season so to speak. What an absolutely marvelous way to end a season of camping. Nary a cloud in the sky, very warm for September, into the upper 20's C daily, and breezes were few and far between. The only problem was it wasn't raining, as it ought in September. I suspect I won't complain too much. No lake photos. I forgot my camera.

There was much knitting.

Sum total for a weekend of knitting: One finished pair of ongoing socks, yarn DBG Confetti. One new pair for me complete, the very very nice Stained Skeins hand dye. A shortie, I know and it may be a cop out to count it as a full pair, but that is what I like to wear. One pair just started, Patons Stretch.

I tried to knit on the Easy Drop Stitch Scarf too. It would have been so nice to finish that, but I made an error in the first row I knit, so I put it aside till my brain was thinking again. After the self provided stress of the Gansey class, it was a relief to sit down and just knit on aimlessly. I love the end product of socks, but even more I love that it is idiot simple knitting. Sometimes, you just need that.

I'm pleased to report that Gansey class went well. The ladies were challenged just enough to have fun. Class one ends with a lot of homework and I must catch up with them. The second class will be about working on shoulders and I'll need an active sample to show them what to do.
No stress, just knitting, but it will be a challenge to get it complete.


One last gratuitous shot of good sock things. Each time I go in to work, there is yet another little jewel on the shelf. Friday, the world was in sync with the knitting I planned for the weekend, and just look. Sockly goodness from Kristin Nicholas with Nashua. Beautiful warm rich dense colours to suit the fall just so.

Off to work. Well not work, but I have a mildly delayed spinning date with Maggie Casey this morning. There will be handspun yarn here. Quality is yet to be determined, but there will be spun stuff here.