Friday 26 June 2009

An excellent days work.

I spent the day yesterday waiting for various repair men and parts to arrive by courier, etc, and as ever, waiting is prime knitting time.


I worked through the problem on my shawl (an extra stitch), and then knit quite contentedly on that for a while. I can't see it as well in the photos, but in real life, I'm starting to see the colour gradations between the skeins. There is just the faintest hint of an edge of darker colour where the second skein was added in. It really is more that the colours are just denser on the second and third skein. I expect to see another edge soon because....duh da da daaaaaaa



I am almost finished with ball one, and will be adding in ball 3 to work along with ball 2 . If ball one is gone, it means I am half done with ball 2. Most of all, if half the yarn is gone, then I am half done the shawl. I'm about a third of the way into the 3rd repeat of the lace pattern.


As if this wasn't enough, the sweet little BSJ is finished too. I saw that marvelous tutorial that the Yarn Harlot had on her last post about picking up along garter stitch edges and, took out the wee bit of i-cord I had picked up along the neckline, and redid it following her much better looking process. This was one of those places where a good knitting teacher, and her skill from 35 years of knitting really refines and makes my work better. The only thing I am a little unhappy with is my choice of button holes, but this too shall come. Just not today.


Things are moving along so swiftly. Here it is the end of June, and the fullness of summer is on us. The kids are out of school and everyone is going into holiday mode. Time to think of summer knitting. Mine is a shawl I am hoping to do with some friends, but if I don't get started soon, they will be done and I'll be bringing up the rear. Note to self. Wind yarn, begin to knit airy pink stuff.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the pattern and color of your shawl. GD