Friday 11 July 2008

Friday again

For a couple years, I emailed my family every Friday. The email was notable for its title, which varied from 'Friday', to 'Friday Again', and occasionally,' Its Friday, what happened to the week?'. That is what this week feels like.

It Friday, where did the rest of my days go? Surely some days went missing? Ah me. I did not accomplish nearly enough.

I'll have to go to town this morning for a haircut, and I'll have to do up a bunch of laundry, and then somewhere in the middle of the day, I am being whisked away to the fair City of Regina Saskatchewan for the second of the family weddings. I have all my supplies for the Bride's Memory Bag, but I really meant to get the beads set up so I wouldn't have to bead while we drove.

This time the beads are going to be mounted on a small wire, so that the dangly short strings can simply be knit in. I am just going to suck up and figure out how to manage stringing beads and knitting at the same time. I figured out how to knit backwards, I'm in the middle of figuring out how the rest of the world knits, so I will do this to.

And maybe if I keep saying it to myself often enough, it will magically be true.

I'll try to get photos of the finished bag this time, and then I'll see what I can do about writing it up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I sent an article from the Star Phoenix to you. It's about a woman who has knitted her wedding gown. If you don't get the email, it was a Canwest article in the July 14, 2008 edition. Know anyone else who's done that? GD