Wednesday 30 April 2008

Ahhhh, That's Better


There you have it, some comfort knitting. I'm not entirely sure that this is the best way to show off this yarn. I might yet go down one needle size, and I might go back to that other garter stitch scarf I showed you the other day.

And then again, I might just invent something. This plain and simple knitting met my every need for pure escape from lace and gives me some knitterly peace and rest.

Now on to dream of other things. I had a look at More Big Girl Knits. I don't own it yet but I will. There are 25 new designs and I think I want to make 24 of them right now. Not just now, but I want these sweaters in my closet to wear today. If I was a fast knitter, or a witch, I already would. If you liked Big Girl Knits, you will like this one even more. This is another book that I don't have in my arsenal, but I will.

Right off the bat, Amy Singer and Jillian Moreno take the plus size knitter to school. They disscuss choosing hand knits based on your unique shape and form, to make the most of your assets. Then they give you a solid collection of designs that start where everyone else leaves off. No size 4 here. (Although you could) Its nice to know that when I choose something from here, I won't have to do the math. It is already done for me.

Both books rate high. Big Girl Knits is a Double Crochet, and More Big Girl Knits is a Treble.

2 comments:

Sandra said...

I have them both, and I love them both. Just trying to decide what to make...

Sally Comes Unraveled said...

I've know several not-so-bog girls who like the instructions for shaping available in this book.

I can't wait to buy the book. (I'm pretty broke right now.) I want to knit the Susie Hoodie!