Saturday 5 January 2008

Its going to be a lovely morning.

Its going to be a lovely morning. Now that it's light out, I can see there is a ceiling of clouds but it still has that 'nice' morning feel.

The feeling probably comes from the lovely birthday things I received, and my Christmas present arrived. I also had a small accident at my LYS, but nothing fatal. No yarn and only the needles I really, really needed. what happened was sort of like stubbing my toe though. It hurt but only at the checkout, and not that much at all, its just that all I really meant was to get some needles.

I fell for a spindle. And a book about spinning. And wool nicely ready and carded and just waiting for a newbie like me. Its 08 and time for a new obsession... Part of me is shouting wait, I didn't finish knitting yet and the rest of me is saying yeah, but just wait, maybe you can knit your own yarn.

I want it all, somehow. I'm greedy to know. If I never got beyond that, it would still be OK, just so long as I know.

Anyway, time to get that coffee and do a little more than pretend that my house is clean and that the laundry mountain is a 'small pile'. There is Christmas to put away, and rooms to restore. There is birthday cake to eat (not mine, but my niece's precious little girls)and Son1 and SS to pick up at the airport. Busy day ahead but I will squeeze some knitting in there somewhere. I've a wild sock to finish to ease a severe sock shortage.

I will post about my presents and my books and any new obsessions shortly. I haven't had this much blog fodder sitting waiting for quite a while.

No comments: