Monday 21 October 2024

Red and Blue

What a great weekend.  Marcus got to meet Casper and take him home.  




The other side view so you can see how his feet tuck under his body.  You can see one sticking out a bit in the other picture.  Marcus was thrilled and that is all that matters.  We both agreed I need to work just a bit on the nose.

Once that was done I spent a good long while working on the red sweater.  It is a captivating knit.


Stripes.  And just a tiny bit of very simple colourwork. It is actually the perfect knit to practise carrying both yarns in my left hand.  I am getting very good tension dong it though I still find that I have to be careful to knit relaxed.  

You can see what I am dong with the colours.  I have used about half of the red yarn, so both of the secondary colours need to be used for the body.  The important part is to get the pips of colour to line up. Using two cc colours will really change the way this sweater looks but I need to do it so I can reserve enough of the red to do a double layer folded collar on the v neck I have made.   


I really didn't want to put in a zipper but that double layer collar is a great idea for that persistent chill I feel down the back of my neck.  

I had to force myself to put the sweater down during the F1 race.  I manage a sock on race days, but other knitting seems to suffer from tension problems.  It seems I knit tighter when I get really excited. 


After the race,  decided to pull out Linger to work on.  I really could use it in my wardrobe and the only way to get it is to wok on it.  It is a bit hard on my hands but if I do a few rows a day, it will happen. 

My plan for the day is clear.  It is sweater weather.  It is also scarf or wrap weather and hat and mitten weather.  Are you ready?  I am.  Almost. 



No comments: