Tuesday 22 October 2024

The Dark Side?

Help!  I have been taken over,      


but not by the dark side. I have been taken over by this sweater.  Captivating is right.  I don't feel at all interested in setting it down.  It's siren song is a gentle but firm call.  It calls me to just keep on knitting it.  

My hands were giving me a bit of trouble yesterday.  Not pain. Just that feeling that it was time to stop before pain.  I did cut the day a bit short  It is so difficult to sit there and not knit when everything I am wants to be knitting.   I really do not understand how others can sit and watch TV without dong something with their hands. I know it is my own peculiarity, my personal quirk.  It verges on physical torture not to have running through my hands.  When I was young, turning the pages of a book worked to ease it but these days actual book reading is not possible.  My eye muscles are tired and I simply can't focus well enough to read a physical book.    

So it is.  Sure it could be better. I could knit for 8 hours a day again and do all the things I cannot do.  But right now, in this moment, I am glad for the things I can do.  It is just so wonderful to have so many interesting things to challenge myself with.  I feel so empowered by the things I can make and do with what I do have.  It could be worse  I hope to be able to knit a wee bit longer today.  I will try to space it out better so that my hands still have some knitting in them later in the day.  I have some interesting sewing things coming up and I might get those started today.  Or at the very least, I will get the sewing room back into sewing room order.  

No comments: