Friday 18 October 2024

One and Almost

Almost.


This is where we are at this morning.  The only part I need to do yet is to make two more feet, do the toe embroidery and attach them to the body.



I did not follow the instructions for the tail.  I wanted a more realistic looking tail that curled more like Casper's did when he slept. Perfection would have been to have the tail curl over his nose but this works better.  I attached it to the body with the long yarn end and can  take it out if Marcus wants the tail loose. 



 I am particularly pleased with the ears.  I did not follow the pattern for them.  I made 5 single crochets, next row, decrease, decrease and then, third row, one decrease to make the point. Much more cat like than the patterns.   

The feet are also an addition to the pattern and are very simple.


A 6 stitch round for 4 rows, a one decrease row and then a round of 5 stitches.  The narrower end will be where the foot attaches to the body.  Then there will be some embroidery to make the toes show up and that will be all.  I am not sewing the ends closed because the toes and attaching it to the body will take care of that for me. 

And in other news...



A cowl.  I wore it with the sweater and it is perfect.  Its a great addition to a sweater to have a matching cowl.  If it gets a bit warm, you can take it off, unlike a turtleneck of other close neck.  And this yarn is so soft.  It's the angora in it.  Nothing is softer than angora.  Which makes me wonder if I still have some angora in my stash.

 Okay.  That is it for the day.  Time to go knit.  And bake.  

I was going to bake cookies for Keith but the dratted guy put this truly awful notification sound on my phone.  Sleeping in late as I did yesterday is not good for me.  I have morning medications that need to be taken on a schedule, and that awful noisy thing was his answer.  So, no raisins in the oatmeal cookies for hm.  Only chocolate chips for me.  Such are the games we play. No grown ups here.

And I  like that. 

No comments: