Friday 27 September 2024

Woweeeeee

The was a lot of knitting yesterday.   I finished the bottom ribbing


and did the neckline before starting sleeve one.   I did the neck first so I could be sure not to run out of the darker grey Mulespinner 2 ply.  It would be so easy to forget about it in the excitement of doing sleeves.  Unfortunately, it will have to be reknit.  I picked up too many stitches at the back neckline and it sticks out weirdly. 

I know this because I did a try on and but for that error, I am so pleased.  The upper yoke fits very well and best of all, I got the back of the neck short rows just right.  Lately, the backs of my sweaters have been sitting differently on me and that leads to my old nemesis, a chill on the back of my neck.  I wanted this sweater to sit up and over my bit of a widows hump. The usual three or four sets of short rows are just not enough so I did short rows almost to the base of the front neckline.  And it is perfect.

I had to stop for the day long before my heart was ready to stop knitting.  I wanted to keep going and finish sleeve one but my hands told me not to be so silly.  Oh well.  

I thought about knitting on a sock.  My brain thinks that is easier on my hands than knitting a sleeve in the round. It is not.  I will show you a picture of where I am on my sock.  It helps me to stay honest and to remind me that a little knitting here and there makes a difference 


because the last time I showed this sock, it looked like this.


This time, I am making a garter stitch toe up heel flap.  I messed it up just enough that it is going to take some thinking to recreate the error for the second sock.

My first cup of coffee is finished.  It is time for a second and Anne from My North Knit Corner has a new video up and that and my sweater sleeve are where I am going to start my knitting day.

No comments: